Tuesday, August 25, 2009

iN tHE ZonE



Have you ever sat down and just really took the time to listen to lyrics?
After a peace cyphe ritual with 2 of my closest friends, we chose to listen to the game's best lyricists... An assortment of greats like Yey (Kanye West) , Talib Kwali, Biggie, Jay Z, Cudi..etc

What a Moon Trip!
We picked apart and deciphered lyrics that to many mean different things but we decoded them as if we were in the artist mind at the time he/she made the song.
As if they were in the booth, feeling the bass and goosebumps rising as their voices do.

I t was truly a euphoric feeling, to be able to think and be in the same state of mind aas the artists when they created the masterpiece; it makes being a fan feel like you're their homie! It all made so much sense....

How Kanye made 808 beats with African influence; as in the 'mother land' as in "I want to go back to my mother land" that turns into I WANT MY MOTHER BACK! Think about gus, he lost his mom... that's the 1 & only mother you'll ever have. How he was so chill in graduation saying 'You can't tell me nothing' to the ppl who hate because I graduated, what u gotta say now?
How 'Flashing Lights' was dedicated to a woman ... think . . .

I know it's been a while,
Sweetheart, we hard-ly talk, I was doing my thing
I know I was foul bay-bay,
a-bay late-ly you been all on my brain,
And if somebody would've told me a month ago
Fronting though, yo I wouldn't wanna know
If somebody would've told me a year ago
it'd go, get this difficult
Feeling like Katrina with no fema
Like Martin with no Gina
Like a flight with no visa
First class with the seat back I still see ya
In my past, you on the other side of the glass
Of my memory's museum,
I'm just saying, Hey Mona Lisa,
come home you know you can't Rome without Caesar

GET IT?: Sittin' in 1st class i still see ya, meaning Im graduated I have success but I still see ya..
Imagine sittin in 1st class wit a bad ass model next to you but throughout the success and the BS you still see the girl you love back home, like damn I love her. I think he was goin thru some relationship issues, but people only look at titles and dont think about the true meaning of the song.



Depicting words is hard to do, songs are messages in cypher. Thinking like an artists helps you see why things are the way they are, it helps you understand the song, the meaning & persona of their music so much better.

So next time, please guys, carefully listen to your favorite artists and really understand where they are comin from. More to come...



Picture of Kid Cudi

No comments:

Post a Comment